In this new age, the trend of being online is getting more hype. But we are still hooked up with some old and traditional methods of advertising. The question is, whether it is still that old as we think? Well, billboard marketing is going through something of a transformation as it is the oldest advertising medium of all. People have been sticking bits of paper on walls for centuries. But over the last 10 years, billboard marketing has become a part of the digital advertising infrastructure. You can see that the boards and screens are getting digital now. Now it is like a part of an ecosystem for advertising where you can really choose when you appear, where you appear and choose what audience you wanna reach with much more accuracy than you ever could before.
Comparing to this, digital marketing has a lot of risks associated with it. According to The Guardian, advertisers dropped their campaigns with Facebook and Google after their ads started popping up in all sorts of unsavory places. Billboard Marketing companies on the other hand feel certainly very confident in terms of this fact. The advertisers know exactly where they are going to appear. There’s not going to be any kind of unsavory or uncomfortable content around them like you know you might find on youtube. So, yes context plays a very important part in advertising.
Why Billboard Marketing Works?
On the London Underground, you see adverts popping up on the escalators. These adverts show how the advertisers can be much more specific with billboard marketing than they used to be. They are able to control everything like what they want to advertise, what time of the day or what day of the week. It offers much more flexibility than it can ever offer before and much more precisely targeted to a particular audience type.
I would like to share these amazing facts about billboard marketing that I feel are playing a vital role in the on-going trends in the market.
- According to a research, Americans spend more than 70% of their waking hours outside of their homes. South Africans spend up to 15 Hours a week on road. Not only these but people all over the world spend more time in their vehicle than they do to read the paper and watch the news.
- Outdoor advertising has a lower cost per thousand than any other type of advertising. Outdoor ads cost 80% less than television, cable television, or a newspaper ads, and 50% less than radio ads.
- Ads on billboards are free to consumers; you do not have to buy a magazine, cable television, or a newspaper to see your advertisement.
Fact : There are 8100 Digital Billboards in the US in 2018
- Outdoor advertising does not interrupt consumers in any way. There’s no obnoxious sound, smell or other type of negative attention grabber. Billboards are noticed because of their messages, bright & bold colors and creative graphics.
- 71% of Billboard Viewers remember the ads they see. And interestingly 3/4 of Americans rely on billboards to find the places while they are travelling.
High frequency and repetitive marketing is key to brand awareness. By associating your business with a specific location on the highway or on the road, you are taking up space in the profitable mind of the consumer. When they need to contact a company that offers your service or product, you will be the first business on their mind.