If you are looking to compress, encrypt, package or backup your files with a single utility, then WinRAR is the solution. And ‘WinRAR Password Protection’ feature is like a cherry on cake. Though all the basic functions of WinRAR have been mentioned at start, the reason I love WinRAR is that you can keep your data safe. Apart from ‘WinRAR Password Protection’, it also protects your files against viruses by encrypting them. You can save your storage space by compressing the files that you very rarely use. Like I have compressed the installation files for most of my softwares as I don’t use them frequently. Another advantage of WinRAR is you can split the files into parts and can save smaller storage media.
Must Read: Top 5 Best Antivirus Programs for Windows 10
Leaving behind all these great features of this utility, let’s dig into how we can create WinRAR Password protected files? Do follow these simple steps and let me know if you faced any difficulty.
WinRAR Password Protection : Simple Steps
- Obviously you must have WinRAR installed on your PC, If not then just get it now.
- Right click on the folder you want to protect and select Add to Archive.
- Select Advanced Tab
- Tick ‘Save File Security‘
- Click ‘Set Password‘
- Enter your Password Twice
- Check mark on Encrypt File Names & Click OK
- Now every time you will open the Archive, you will be asked to Enter Password