Internet explorer is the default browser in Microsoft Windows. It is not the best web browser available but we always seem to get stuck with it somehow, even if we have other browsers installed. Although Microsoft has come up with Edge in Windows 10 with a bundle of improvements as compared to its predecessor Internet Explorer, but still it’s not up to the mark. The most annoying thing is that it pops out again and again while you are using internet even on another browser. So let’s get rid of this crap. Here is how to disable Internet Explorer completely in Windows.
Keep In Mind Before You Disable Internet Explorer
Before you proceed to disable Internet Explorer, be sure that you have installed some other browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla etc. If not so, then first install it. Because after you disable Internet Explorer and you don’t have any other browser installed, you will lose access to the internet. Well, not to the internet but browsing. So, don’t forget to install some other browser first.
Follow these steps and you are done
- Open Control Panel from your Start Menu
- Look for “Uninstall a Program” and click on it.
- You can also access it from My Computer and then click on “Uninstall Or Change A Program”
- Now Click on “Turn Windows Features On Or Off” located on the upper left side
- Remove the Check Mark from Internet Explorer Box
- You might get a warning message “Turning off Internet Explorer might affect other Windows Features and programs installed on your computer, including default settings. Do you want to continue?” Just Click Yes on it and proceed.
- Now Click OK
- Wait for few seconds for the configuration to take place
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Enjoy 🙂