Smartphones are basically the advanced version of personal computers that easily fit into our pockets. This advancement in technology has allowed us to carry our documents, files, photos, videos etc with us anywhere we want. But there’s no escape from embarrassing media in our life. We all have a private life whether it’s a selfie in the shower, that embarrassing picture of your friend in the underwear or any other stuff that you wouldn’t like to share with anyone. Here’s how to hide files in android phone without any app.
How to Hide Certain Albums from Gallery?
If you are looking to hide certain Albums from your gallery, then follow the steps listed below;
- Go to Gallery and tap three dots icon at the bottom.
- Select ‘Hide Albums‘ from the options.
- Select/Toggle the albums you want to hide and push back button.
- You can unhide the albums by following the same procedure.
How to Hide Files In Storage?
There are a few limitations of the above method. You have to select the entire album not just a few pictures. But following this you can learn to hide any file whether it’s a document, a video or an image etc. in just a few taps without any app.
- Go to your Storage using your file manager.
- Create a new folder and rename it to .hidden (Full stop in start of the name makes it a hidden folder)
- Open this new folder .hidden
- Create a new text file and rename it to .nomedia (.nomedia file prevents your gallery or video player etc. to scan for any media file in the folder)
- Now copy the files you want to hide in this .hidden folder.
- Check your Gallery or Video Player to verify that files are hidden.