How To Use Microsoft Office Password Protection?
- First of all Click on “File” tab in the upper left corner. For older versions like Microsoft Office 2007, you can find Microsoft Logo in the upper left corner.
- Go to ‘Info‘ and Click on ‘Protect Document >> Encrypt with Password‘. In older versions after clicking on the Microsoft logo, Go to Prepare >> Encrypt Document.
- Enter Password in the box and click Ok.
- Re-Enter your password to confirm it
- Now every time you will open the document a pop out box will appear. It will ask you to enter the password to access the document.
- To remove password protection you will have to do the same procedure as mentioned above. Just go to Info > Protect Document > Encrypt Document and erase your password.
- But if you forget your password, you can’t recover it except by means of some third party recovery tools. So, it is recommended to keep a backup of the passwords by saving them in writing.